Monday, June 27, 2011

Honeymoonin' in Antigua!

4am. Off to the airport. I'm tired just looking at this picture.



Caleb was nervous we were going to miss our flight. We were an hour and a half early!! I have learned...one of the few times in life that Caleb is stressed and I am calm...is dealing with airports. It's a nice change.



Our cute luggage tags. Thanks Vanessa! Unfortunately, only one made it back from Antigua intact. We made it to Antigua! Our bags did not...

These are why we are here!



Being carted to our room! Caleb's face is flushed from the rum punch he tried..ha. Okay mine's a little too...


Our first room. Right on the beach.



Our first bed.



We had to get our dinner in the room the first night. No bags. No long pants to wear to dinner. Dumb rule.



View of the beach from our room.

Notice no humans. This is why we picked this place.


First Morning's Surprise...I was ate on by mosquitoes all night long!! Probably ended up getting about 30 bites before the week was over.

Breakfast in the room. All I had was dirty clothes or a robe to wear to breakfast. I don't think so.


Yey we got our bags! Let's eat again!

Our chairs on the beach.

On the far end of our beach...after you climb over some rocks...is Armani's house. We went to take a look!

The view of our beach from our short climb.

Our first night at dinner!

We went for a bike ride outside of the resort.



We found the road to Armani's beach and took a swim!




Some goats Caleb wanted to take a picture of.


Where's Waldo? Ha.



Hiked up a hill...view overlooking our resort/bay area.


King Caleb



Entrance to our resort.


Sunset at the bay.



Time for dinner again!



Moved to our second room for the week. Our little get-a-way.



Our second bed.


Caleb in our pool.



Us in the pool!


Kayaking off our beach!


I love this picture of Caleb. It could be his profile picture if he would ever change it.



On the way to zip-lining...our taxi driver showed us around the island.
Black Pineapples!



A mango tree!



After zip-lining!




Our excursion included kayaking through this nasty swamp area to get to the ocean...




Caleb and I make a good team kayaking. He thinks it's because of his steering capabilities...but I beg to differ.




Of course, I got more bug bites on this trip.




Got that over with...now on to the boat to the coral reef!


On the boat to go snorkeling.



I'm on the left. Caleb's on the right. We are almost unidentifiable.


Some "Dory" fish Caleb took a picture of...we saw a lot of these type of fish.


Returning to the shoreline.



Time for another hike!


Me at the top.




Caleb eating something sour the taxi driver picked off a tree...


Dinner time!

Bet you can't guess what we had!


I realize I look like a chipmunk with googles.



So sweet.



Some more fish Caleb took a picture of.



Striped fish and coral.


I thought this was a cool shot Caleb got of my flippers.




Caleb's new favorite thing to do.



Caleb's second favorite thing to do. He read three books.



My favorite thing to do. I didn't read a thing.



Croquet. I thought we were going to play cricket.


I let Caleb win.


We're pretty cute I must say.

What Caleb's new sandals did to his feet. Nasty.




A beautiful sunset...through Caleb's legs.



This picture was Caleb's idea.




Color-coordinating at dinner!


We spent our last day on the beach.


Jet Skiing. If you think I look a little miserable...your presumptions are correct. Caleb had the time of his life spraying water up in my eyes. I had to ride with my eyes closed due to sunscreen and salt burning my eyes! Ha!



Sunset through the clouds.

Playing in the water at sunset.


Caleb doing his yoga pose.



Our one week anniversary dinner. Caleb's first attempt at the picture.


Caleb's second attempt.



Heather's first attempt. :)



Pool area. We visited this area once for about 10 minutes. We didn't come all the way here for a pool, people!



Last day...by the Flamboyant Tree. Caleb thought it was called a Voluptuous Tree. Haha.


Leaving the resort. So sad. We shouldn't be smiling.


Goodbye Galley Bay. You were good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment